New Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Dean

To All, Now that the race season is over for some, I would like to ask for comments on the new starting sequence. I reall don't care for it as it does not give one enough time to set up for the start. I have been racing non-spin for this season and the race committees seem to have it in their mind set to get the races started and let the boats figure it out. The new sequence allows the RC to delay a class start if necessary. The local RC usually start the first class at 1200 and let all the other classes follow on in lock step regardless if a class boat in the first sequence has even crossed the starting line or not. In a 70 boat race with 5 starts and a short start line, little wind etc, one never has a chance at the start. Bob Dean Pensacola, FL I for one need the 10 minute set pu.

D

Dave Teal

I'm not a big fan

I'm not a big fan of the new start sequence, but I did get used to it and had no timing failures. I don't see any real advantage over the old system, except for the first 5 minutes, which committees for some of our larger races kept in anyway. Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.