New site online

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
I've migrated the board to new software. If any issues are noticed, please reply to this topic.

Please note that after typing a new message, you probably want to choose to "Submit" the message, not "Save" it as a draft. See the buttons below your message while posting for further information.

CaravelaofExe

Alden Forum Moderator
Jan 24, 2006
Alden Caravelle 42 / Northern European waters
Thanks David!

One thing I notice - can't remember if it was like that before - is that URL links, for example the ones on my Alden Fiberglass Boats List, open in whole windows instead of reduced size windows, which can cause problems navigating back to the forum. Is there an Administrator setting to control that?

Also - not that it's very important, just a difference - I note that my name doesn't come up green when logged on.

David

Jun 17, 2004
Macgregor 26x Morecambe
Thanks for pointing that out Iain. I had you and Tom set as "Forum Moderators" for each forum, the green designation is for global moderators (all forums). I changed you and Tom to global moderators, yet your logins still are not green. This may be a bug. Note that this software is really only a release candidate and still has some bugs of this nature. Let's wait this one out and see if it goes away when I periodically upgrade the board software. Note that clicking on the green "Global Moderator" link from the default page shows Tom, you and I, so I think that it's set up correctly.

Regarding the URL references navigating out of the site, I don't see where I can change that behavior. I'll keep an eye out for it. I agree, it would probably be best for that feature to open a new window.

Regards,
David