New Sails

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ed White

Just an FYI for you folks with older boats/sails: After getting prices from all over the country and the Far East when looking to replace my mainsail, I ended up with the two most reasonable quotes coming from Somerset Sails (somersetsails.com) out of Barker, NY (made in USA),,,,,, and Rolly Tasker out of Florida (newsails.com)sails made in Phuket Thailand... They also both seem to be very willing to work with you on customizing to what you want . I'm sure this will vary by location, but it seems like the non-affiliated lofts get you the best prices due to less overhead.

B

Bill O'Donovan

I recommend Doyle Sails

And they're on this website. Very cooperative, customer friendly and reasonably priced.

M

Mark M Smith

I can tell you that Somerset

Makes GREAT sails! I searched around for sails (for a friend) That lives aboard, he bought a new head sail from them,...Came out GREAT,...so he referred a friend that was rebuilding a sail dingy and they turned out GREAT! I have seen these sails and they are damn nice! Just so you will know I was thinking about buying sails Main-Head called them and He offered me New Head with 4 Full Battens, New Main Roller Furler 145%, AND A SPINNAKER WITH SOCK for $2800.00!! Now that's a good price! I didn't buy because I am a small Buss Owner and the war had just started and I was afraid of making a big purchase at the time..

R

Royce

I used Somerset

and they did a great job. I purchased a 130% head sail and I love it. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.