New sails for 29.5

Mar 16, 2018
Corsair F-28 Midlanb, Ontario
We are looking to add a new Main, Jib and Asym. to a new to us 29.5. We are coming from 6 years on a Corsair 28 trimaran and so we were considering a radial cut square top main. I have seen a picture of a 29.5 with a square top but have not been able to connect to the owner...any help or experience with this sail setup would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I always thought that a B&R rigged Hunter with a flat-topped, full roach traditional main would be a great set up. No backstay to get in the way.

I had a H280, but never replaced the main sail…

Greg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I always thought that a B&R rigged Hunter with a flat-topped, full roach traditional main would be a great set up.
I've always looked at my main with the idea of getting a main with a full roach. However, with a Furlin' main (which all year 2000 + Hunters have) it wouldn't work because of the lack of horizontal battens.

If it ain't one thing it's the other :cuss: !

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I've always looked at my main with the idea of getting a main with a full roach. However, with a Furlin' main (which all year 2000 + Hunters have) it wouldn't work because of the lack of horizontal battens.

If it ain't one thing it's the other :cuss: !
Theres a guy with an early 2000’s (2004 or 2005 I think ) Hunter 33 with a traditional main. Two other H33’s of the same vintage have furling mains.

So it must have been an option for a while. But I don’t see one with a traditional mainsail on Yachtworld…

Greg