new ranger 30 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2008
Ranger 30 brant beach
Hey I just purchased a 77 Ranger 30. I am interested in any information anyone has on the boat regaurding where I can purchase sails, information about the Atomic 4 engine, or any other useful information about the boat. Any information is welcome. Thank you

E

easyrider

There is a ton of info about the Atomic four on the internet. A good place to start is Moyer Marine. They are a great resourse and have all the parts you would ever need including including rebuilt A4's. I've had great service from them with about a week for delivery and I'm on the opposite side of the country.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Ranger 30

Moyer Marine is a good source for new and used A4 parts for sure. There are some books written about the A4 specifically, but I don't have them in front of me so I cannot give you a title now, sorry. As far as sails are concerned, you can go to any sailmaker and they probably will have the I, P, J and E numbers on the boat and hence can build anything you want. One of my boats is a Ranger 30 as well, a bit newer than yours, but also have a Universal diesel instead of the Atomic 4. It is a great boat and sails very well.
Now that I think of it, Good Old Boat has published a good article or two about the Atomic 4 as well. I have a copy of the Ranger 30 brochure if you don't have one. I can attach it to another reply. I have attached a couple of photos.

Attachments

Jan 25, 2009
2 30 Saint-Petersburg
I welcome the colleague!

I am owner Ranger 30 in Russia! I have got a boat in Florida in very bad condition. Saw your photos, I wish to make repair of the yacht as yours! I ask will share history, problems, photos, the brochure and any information on this yacht!

Thanks!

Attachments

Mar 16, 2009
Ranger 30 Lake Mead
Bill-
I have a '78 Ranger 30 in great shape. If the offer still stands for the brochure I'd love to take you up on it. My email is Roadnsky@mac.com
-Jerry

Attachments

Sep 21, 2007
- - Newport OR
sails

You want sails I say go here! Banks Sails Northwest [SIZE=-3]Update [/SIZE] Submit review 1222 NE Alberta Street, Portland, OR 97211
Tel: 503-280-1792

When I was poor and sailed a Sanjuan 26 they kept me patched up and going. I barely had two dimes to rub together but they did not treat me any different from the guys who bought the hightec sails they make and they got me in and out with the least damage to my wallet. Now I have a Ranger 33 and I have two dimes but not much more. They still looked at my sails, fixed what they could and told me not to spend money on an other sail. Very cool. Someone actually not trying to soak me for every last penny. So when I do, and I will, buy a new suit of sails for my Ranger I will go here and damm the rest. The work they did on my old sails is very good and still holding.

Desmond

Sep 21, 2007
- - Newport OR
sails

here is my Ranger with my old Sanjuan up ahead. Both have the original sails maintained by Banks.

Desmond

Attachments

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Ranger 30 brochure

I don't know if I ever sent this to you. Probably not and I appologize. I will try to attach it to this thread and then others can have it too. If that doesn't work, then I will email it directly to you. Sorry. BB

Bill-
I have a '78 Ranger 30 in great shape. If the offer still stands for the brochure I'd love to take you up on it. My email is Roadnsky@mac.com
-Jerry
I think the files are too big, so I will email it directly to your email address. Please confirm that you got them.

May 18, 2009
Beneteau First 38 Portland
Barnacle Bill -
Please email me a copy as well and I will add it to my site. jgurleyATfrontiernetDOTnet.

Simon

Apr 24, 2009
2 30' sloop Deep Bay, Vancouver Island
Universal M20 #5416

Moyer Marine is a good source for new and used A4 parts for sure. There are some books written about the A4 specifically, but I don't have them in front of me so I cannot give you a title now, sorry. As far as sails are concerned, you can go to any sailmaker and they probably will have the I, P, J and E numbers on the boat and hence can build anything you want. One of my boats is a Ranger 30 as well, a bit newer than yours, but also have a Universal diesel instead of the Atomic 4. It is a great boat and sails very well.
Now that I think of it, Good Old Boat has published a good article or two about the Atomic 4 as well. I have a copy of the Ranger 30 brochure if you don't have one. I can attach it to another reply. I have attached a couple of photos.
- My Ranger 30 is a wonderful sailer, points high, sits in a groove when well trimmed with only fingertips needed on the wheel.
- Universal diesel - my damper plate bolts sheared. Anyone any experience of replacing damper/thrust plate?

Thanks all info.

Simon P - 'Princesa'

Jan 5, 2010
Ranger 30 Chula Vista, CA
Ranger 30 Brochure

I too just purchased a Ranger 30 and would love to get a copy of the original brochure can anyone help?

Bingy

Jul 20, 2010
Ranger Ranger 30 Lasalle
Ranger 30

I have also recently purchased a 1978 Ranger 30 and would like to know if anyone has had any problems with the encapsulated keel. My previous boats all had keel bolts and am wondering if there is anything I should be looking for.

Thanks

Detroit River sailor

qvw865

Aug 6, 2010
Ranger 29 Harbour Lights Marina
Hey guys i have a ranger 29, and i live in Freakin Chattanooga, TN. Im planning a trip to take it to florida and from there sail around the caribbean, but i dont want to spend weeks on the tennessee river and rely on a sketchy atomic 4.

Im wondering if anyone has a trail around the area or just anywhere that i could rent from them for like 3-4 months in order to take it down there, and then bring it back. Not really lookin to pay to much, just wonderin if someone has one laying around. I'm willing to fix her up with new tires and such, i just need to get down there without spendin more money on gas and time going through the tennessee.

Bingy

Jul 20, 2010
Ranger Ranger 30 Lasalle
I have to repair port stanchion base just aft of shroud chainplates and am wondering how to get to base nuts. Assume cabinet has to come out and am hoping it will pop out after taking down mast to releave strain on hull/deck which seems be causing it to be very tight fit.
Any comments appreciated.
River Sailor

Bingy

Jul 20, 2010
Ranger Ranger 30 Lasalle
Just an update. boat is out of water and mast is off. Cupboard came out easily and stanchion base is in for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.