New Owner

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
MacGregor 26D COUR D ALENE
Just a helloooo!
Just bought an 89 26D. Never sailed before! been a bucket list item of mine forever. retired now and can't wait to hit the water with this after I get some learnin'/lessons. Looks like a great community here. I will have lots of questions. at least I have raised the mast by myself and that was easy.

Cheers

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
oops rooky mistake....forum rule announcement to me was not a post to me. and Thanks Justin

Apr 19, 2012
O'Day Daysailor 17 Nevis MN
Welcome aboard Justin. The 26d is a great boat. I don't think I'll ever sell mine. Congratulations on your retirement and your "new" boat. I'm getting anxious for my own retirement. 10 months 8 days.... Not that I'm counting.. ;)

tjar

Aug 8, 2011
Hunter Legend 35.5 Tacoma, WA
Welcome aboard! I just recently sold my 26D. The admiral wanted a bigger boat, so who can argue with that.
We thoroughly enjoyed our boat and I'm sure that you will too. Not much that can go wrong with these boats. I do suggest that you take the time to remove everything from the boat, inspect it, be sure you know how to use it and then stow it where you'll find it again.
They do tend to leak from the topsides, so you will want to read Main Sail's posts about rebedding with butyl tape. I found it invaluable.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Welcome aboard! Sure you will find much help along the way on this site.

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
Thanks for the warm welcome and the suggestions. All will be heeded. It came with OEM sails.. Head sail and main sail, 130 genoa on a roller furl, spinnaker and another main sail that is currently on the boom. Doing what tjar suggested.
Cheers

MccNeo

May 11, 2014
MacGregor 26S Evans
Welcome aboard. I have a '94 26S. I enjoy working on her and and done quite a few improvements for racing. While many don't understand the allure to MacGregor boats, those that presently or previously own them seem to really enjoy them. There is lots of helpful information for them here.

Nov 30, 2015
MacGregor 26S Lakehills, Tx
Welcome CapnGL. I see that you're from "Idabo"....not sure if I can find that on a map, but I'm sure the sailing is fine there :biggrin:

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
ha Mistress...not sure we are a state....lol...we have a lot of large lakes here in N. Idaho!