New owner!

May 4, 2022
Catlina 275 Sport Seattle
Just saying Hi!

We just purchased a Catalina 275 Sport. Exciting times!

We will sail mostly on Lake Washington WA, with occasional trips to the Sound. Which bring me to a stupid question. The datasheet shows a mast height from DWL of 39 feet. I measured the mast at 36.5 feet before it was installed. Is the base of the mast really only 2.5 feet from the water line?

I'm asking because there are lot of bridges with a 42 to 44 feet clearance around here :D.
Oh, and I don't have access to the boat yet. Can't measure myself yet :)

Can't wait for sunny summer!

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
The specs on catalinayachts.com shows mast height of 39' above water.
Just saying,

Good kuck

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
The datasheet shows a mast height from DWL of 39 feet.
Don't forget your VHF antenna. I've seen many of those scrape the bottom of bridges. But, then, I don't think there was any permanent damage.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Even if you have enough clearance for a bridge, you are going to love looking up as you pass under a bridge. Will take your breath away.

Jul 18, 2020
Catalina 275 11 Westbrook, CT
Just purchased 2014 Catalina 275 in the process of getting it from lake Huron to LI sound in CT. Boat will be pulled and set on it trailer then driven east. This is a big upgrade from my Capri 22 where I could step the mast myself or with one other person. Any on have experience with this? Can 2 or three people do his or should I have marina use their Gin lift.

Aug 1, 2023
Catalina 275 Sport Mamaroneck
I wanted to say hi and introduce myself! New owner of hull #10 “Vista” here. We bought the boat in Toronto and shipped it down to Westchester on the LI sound. Excited to get out there with the family. Vincent, would be good to hear how you’re doing just up the coast.

I have a short list of things to do. Has anyone changed out the diaphragm on the saildrive? Would be helpful to hear when that’s getting done.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I wanted to say hi and introduce myself! New owner of hull #10 “Vista” here. We bought the boat in Toronto and shipped it down to Westchester on the LI sound. Excited to get out there with the family. Vincent, would be good to hear how you’re doing just up the coast.

I have a short list of things to do. Has anyone changed out the diaphragm on the saildrive? Would be helpful to hear when that’s getting done.
Mamaroneck Yacht Club by any chance?

Jul 18, 2020
Catalina 275 11 Westbrook, CT
She is in the water at Safe Harbor Pilots point hull #11
Quite an ordeal getting boat and trailer here
Having big issue with registration in CT
What documentation came with your boat?
Do you have it registered here in US?

PMK

Dec 3, 2016
Catalina 275S Annapolis, MD
She is in the water at Safe Harbor Pilots point hull #11
Quite an ordeal getting boat and trailer here
Having big issue with registration in CT
What documentation came with your boat?
Do you have it registered here in US?
For registration of my boat in Maryland I needed the Certificate of Title and Bill of Sale (primarily to confirm purchase price for payment of sales tax).