New owner of a Yamaha 25-2

Jan 30, 2020
WTB WTB Columbia gorge/hood canal
Welp I’ve surely done it now. Purchased Elysium a ‘78 Yamaha 25-2 in Marina Del Rey. A very clean boat throughout but due for haulout. There’s a section 4”x8” of deck where the skipper sits that has loose flaking non-skid gel coat. Can I hope for a decent looking repair using kiwi grip? Or is there a better choice I should consider? She comes with a single main and 115 headsail on a Furler that feel nearly new. No spinnaker or pole unfortunately. Topping lift, halyard, and winches are there. Can anyone point me in the direction of some used kite & gear? Maybe I should just build a removable sprit and get an assym instead? Go all out and put it on a top down Furler would be sweet. My plan is to build a cradle per the manual specs and place it on a flat bed trailer I already own and head back down to retrieve the boat ASAP. Hopefully squeeze in some SoCal sailing before loading her up and trailering home to my shop in Washington where I’ll go through everything and get her ready for the season. Planning to moor on Hood Canal in Brinnon initially and then maybe move to a private mooring for part of the year. I get 4 day weekends every other weekend all spring/summer/fall. Stoked this forum is here as y’all have already shared so much knowledge specific to these boats. Cheers!

Attachments

Apr 5, 2017
Yamaha 25 Honolulu
Aloha, great boat. I am wondering if you can tell me what size the furler is on that boat & if you like it? It looks like a cdi furler is that right?
Mahalo for your help!