New Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Miller

I am planning to change the name of my boat officially. Is there any special ceremony or rules to go by to carry this out??

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Easy Method.

1. Get a couple of 6 packs of anything to drink. 2. Open the first bottle and start discussing. 3. When all the beverage is gone see if you can remember the name. 4. If you can just change the name. PS: Will get back to you later with an offical ceremony. This one works quite well.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Catalina Owners

Don't tempt the gods!

Whatever you do, don't mess with Neptune (or Posseidon, if you prefer)! Try this link to find John Vigor's Interdenominational boat renaming ceremony. It's sanctioned by 17 of the major religions. :) LaDonna

F

Frank Pratt

Denaming

Here is a link to a regional sailing magazine from the Pacific Nortwest. http://www.48north.com/aug97/denaming.htm

L

Ooops!

Guess I was tired when I typed my response! Thanks, Frank, that was my link. LaDonna

R

Ron Pearson

Our boat was called, JOHN GALT, when we bought it. It was from the book, Atlas Shrug... or something like that which may be spelled alot differently. I would rather stick my middle finger up at Neptune than go through life with JOHN GALT on the side of my boat. We changed the name before we even took pocession and have been sailing peacefully for four saltwater years... Ron

L

BLASPHEMER!

How darest thee to not give proper homage to the great & mighty Neptune!! :) LaDonna

Status
Not open for further replies.