New member from Sydney, Australia.

Oct 17, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for the welcome.
My boat is hull number 932, built in 2001 which I believe is the year the Capri "mark 2" came into production. So I guess 1400 minus 930 say = 470 "mark 2's" out there. Not sure how many would have been imported into Australia as I said before I have only seen 4 in Sydney.
This Forum is a great place to find out about the Capri 22.
See attached a photo of the helmsman's footrests I had made for my boat to make it more comfortable to be able to stretch your legs whilst steering especially in heavy winds when she heals a lot.
Also I have changed the main sheet system to add the swivel, ratchet block that is fixed in the centre to make life easier.
I have built a custom mast lowering device comrising twin poles that are fixed to the genoa cars and support a pair of roller blade wheels that run up the mainsail track on the back of the mast. This allows the mast to be lowered by one person. the poles stop the mast from swinging sideways as it pivots down. I will post some photos if anyone is interested.
Cheers
Tony

Attachments

Slartibartfass

Capri 22 Mod
Dec 13, 2015
Catalina Capri 22 1139 Mamaroneck, NY
Interesting! Thx for posting... i will move this post to a different forum for clarity.....