New MacGregor Owner's Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clay Heinz

Hi All, I have been a big fan of the MagGregor Fleet and now have the opportunity to own one! (so excited for my first boat over 12'). To give you an backround, I am taking the boat off of a widow who lost her sailing husband 2 years ago. The boat hasn't been used since. It's been on a dry dock and has suffered weather. The top is solid, swing keel looks very functional, all stays and fittings look to be in working condition. Other than some serious work on the cosmetics, can anyone give me advise on restoration. Is there a good sight to go to? What am I looking at as far as $$$ for some of the basic repairs. Sails are going to cost- I know. I didn't see a rig for a shoot but know that there must be one. Can a 1979 MacGregor 25 be restored to a working and safe boat?

M

Mike

Here ya go

http://www.macgregor-boats.com/sailaway3.html Plenty of resources for mods and restorations with pics! Sure you can restore it, it just takes time and money. Good luck.

R

Rick

Here ya go- again.

Try www.macgregor-boats.com. This is a great site with lots of MacGregor/Venture info. Rick s/v DevOcean

Status
Not open for further replies.