new jersey, the best sailing on earth :)

Nov 17, 2022
rhodes bantam 14’ planning hull beach haven west
As a 24 year old learning to sail, I bought a Rhodes bantam 14’ fiberglass that I believe was built in Lake Skeneateles, ny. The little egg harbor winds from the south, southwest at 10-14 knots had this little planning hull up and skimming like a surfboard….I never forget those days as it began my day sailing love that I have taken to all parts in the Caribbean and west coast of florida.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @rhodes1776 to the SBO Forum.
Conjecturing from your profile you are no longer that 24 year old bashing about on his bantam "skimming like a surfboard" in the southwest breezes of Little Egg Harbor.

I can understand how that experience - speed rush - could infect you with the sailing bug.

What about the "hobies in the island trades"? Do they give you the same thrill? Are the waters of the BVI's better than Little Egg Harbor?

Nov 17, 2022
Every body of water is a new experience….the Sir Francis Drake waterway is a spectacular place to sail….I keep the resort hobies out of the main channel but the regatta races in the spring in late March early April are thrilling
8F76280E-C696-4DA8-95ED-62B7D0D3E77B.jpeg

Nov 17, 2022
Charlotte bay is a beautiful place for any sale boat. …..works better for the avearage sailor in my opinion in shallow but not waist high water. Sailing in sf bat is by far the most exciting while cruising in bvis has been the best. Especially love Peter Island.