New home for Andante

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I sold Andante last week to a very excited new owner from Warwick, Rhode Island. He is looking forward to sailing her all around Narragansett Bay and to points beyond.
My wife and I have been making the trip from Maui to Boston since 2010 to spend the summer living aboard Andante. This has made it difficult to maintain her to the degree I strive for, and our lifestyle has cut severely into our cruising schedule. We have a lifetime of memories sailing Andante up and down the mainland that we will always treasure.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Another passage.
This one aboard Andante’s memories. It is great to have those.

Sunny days and fair winds on your next journey.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I sold Andante last week to a very excited new owner from Warwick, Rhode Island. He is looking forward to sailing her all around Narragansett Bay and to points beyond.
My wife and I have been making the trip from Maui to Boston since 2010 to spend the summer living aboard Andante. This has made it difficult to maintain her to the degree I strive for, and our lifestyle has cut severely into our cruising schedule. We have a lifetime of memories sailing Andante up and down the mainland that we will always treasure.
Time to buy a boat on Maui Tom!

I will be back in January…let’s go sailing ;-)

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
All the best. Consider the Rhodes 22...I owned a 1995 for about 12 years. Outstanding trailerable cruising boat. Review attached but the headline is incorrect. The boat has been in production for more than a half a century!
attachment.jpeg

I'm looking for something on a trailer, Greg. See you in January!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Tom, We Will miss your Guidance and input!
Do Not Forget US!
Much Thanks