New Heat Exchanger

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Full coolant loss Thursday evening. Looking things over on Friday discovered "weak" spot and crack leaking coolant on the heat exchanger underneath the rubber exhaust hose.

Got the link for Russ Cromer at Mr. Cool USA from another post. I emailed him this morning and he was quick to respond:

[FONT=&quot]"this is what you need[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.mrcool.us/201027cn-universal-westerbeke-medalist-heat-exchanger.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can order it on line or call us on Monday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have a great 4th!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

When I click on that link it looks like the correct part but the notes there say:

"Please note: If you have a Universal M25XP, XPA or XPB, you must confirm the configuration. It should take either the 299835 or 201027."

So is anyone able to confirm that this is indeed the correct part for the M25XPB (2002 C310 Hull # 178).

Happy 4th to everyone!!!

Cheers,
Jim

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Jim, it appears the differences are in the ports. Rather than depending on someone else, why not check what you have on your boat?

In my researching for the post I linked in that other post, I learned about differences in shell materials, tube materials and port locations, sizes and directions.

Who know what a PO might have done to hose routings on your engine?

Mar 22, 2009
I got the new HX from Mr. Cool US. It appears to be exactly the same. Getting the old one out was a bit of a pain. Hopefully the new one will go in easier.

Cheers,
Jim

Attachments

Mar 22, 2009
This is the email I got from them:

[FONT=&quot]this is what you need[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.mrcool.us/201027cn-universal-westerbeke-medalist-heat-exchanger.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can order it on line or call us on Monday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have a great 4th![/FONT]