New Catalina 310 Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
My Bride and I closed on our Catalina 310 yesterday:dance:. She is a 2001, hull no. 65. Here is a photo of her on the hard.

Now I am like a kid who gets a new bike at Christmas and has to wait for the spring to ride it.

Thanks to all who post on this forum because I read all of these posts in researching this purchase. And I am sure I will have other questions as I work on the repairs from the survey and get the boat ready for spring commissioning.

How many days until April?

Attachments

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
Glad to have you in the fleet. I'm a pretty new owner as well-last May. Much stuff to deal with on the survey? And what's her name?

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Glad to have you in the fleet. I'm a pretty new owner as well-last May. Much stuff to deal with on the survey? And what's her name?
Thanks.

Not too much from the survey; rebedding the stanchions and chain plates, new cutlass, repacking the stuffing box, a bad wire connection for the stereo added by the former owner, etc. I also plan to look at adding some dinghy davits and changing the setup on the main sheet.

Then there is the typical stuff that we have never dealt with before with the diesel and having a water heater, head and pressure water system. Our last boat was a C&C 24 and didn't have much to it.

Her name right now is "Norm's Place" but we plan to change the name to "Smitty".

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Welcome! Kind of in the same boat, so to say. We delivered ours in August and now she's on the hard until spring for paint and lettering change. Got to enjoy her for a short while though!

You'll love sailing the 310!

Aug 17, 2010
Catalina 310 Lake Pueblo
I'm in the same boat as Jack got ours in Mid August also. But here on the front range of Colorado we can sail year round. This picture was taken on December 12th.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Hi JK: Welcome to the group. I also have a 2001 model #118 and this will be our 11th year in the water on Lake Erie. I encourage you to join the 310 International Association at www.catalina310.org. I am the association editor for Mainsheet Magazine and would love to have you contribute pictures and stories of your 310 sailing adventures for our section of the magazine. Aprill is not too far away - all of us northern sailors wait impatiently for these 6 months to pass every year.

BLUTE

May 13, 2009
Catalina 310 Port Geographe West OZ
Enjoy ...there a good allround boat ............had mine doin 8knts in 30knts of wind today .........hold on.............:dance:

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I was thinking of joining the 310 association. I also want to join my local Catalina owners group. They seem to do a fair amount of fun group sails.

Blute, did you have any reefs in at 30 knts?

BLUTE

May 13, 2009
Catalina 310 Port Geographe West OZ
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I was thinking of joining the 310 association. I also want to join my local Catalina owners group. They seem to do a fair amount of fun group sails.

Blute, did you have any reefs in at 30 knts?
No main just the 135% headsail at a nice reach:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.