New Catalina 250 Owner Looking for Guidance

Dec 13, 2021
Catalina 250 Lake Grapevine, TX
Hi All,
We recently purchased 2002 Catalina 250 K. I was told by the boat broker this model does not have a water ballast system. I suspect it does and will be out the marina later this week to check, however I'm curious if anyone can confirm whether or not it does and if so where the intake valve would be located.

Dec 13, 2021
Catalina 250 Lake Grapevine, TX
It’s got a wing keel. I’m discovering there were two version made, either with a WB or not. Guess mine does not. Thanks for the reply.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Did you buy it because you thought it had a water ballast system? Were you planning on trailering it often? I hope you aren't disappointed with the wing keel. On the plus side, it should sail better than the WB version.

Jan 26, 2017
Catalina 25 Grapevine
Hi All,
We recently purchased 2002 Catalina 250 K. I was told by the boat broker this model does not have a water ballast system. I suspect it does and will be out the marina later this week to check, however I'm curious if anyone can confirm whether or not it does and if so where the intake valve would be located.
The K is a wing keel. We have one like this also on Cedar Creek Lake. It sails pretty well.