new boat?

May 21, 2014
Bristol 29.9 Solomons
This is my first sailboat and i have put a ton of work into it. I have been thinking about getting into the racing scene and this boat is not cut out for that at all. I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best way for me to find a potential buyer or if there is a good site i could post to. I know there are many Bristol enthusiasts out there but i am at a loss on how to find them. If someone could point me in the right direction, i would be very appreciative.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
This is my first sailboat and i have put a ton of work into it. I have been thinking about getting into the racing scene and this boat is not cut out for that at all. I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best way for me to find a potential buyer or if there is a good site i could post to. I know there are many Bristol enthusiasts out there but i am at a loss on how to find them. If someone could point me in the right direction, i would be very appreciative.
If you like your Bristol, Try to get a spot crewing on somebody else's boat for racing. If, after a season of racing you are still interested look into PHRF in your area. They attempt to accommodate all boats by handicap. If on the other hand, you are looking for an excuse to sell the Bristol, try Boat Trader or hire a broker..

May 21, 2014
Bristol 29.9 Solomons
If you like your Bristol, Try to get a spot crewing on somebody else's boat for racing. If, after a season of racing you are still interested look into PHRF in your area. They attempt to accommodate all boats by handicap. If on the other hand, you are looking for an excuse to sell the Bristol, try Boat Trader or hire a broker..
I have been lucky enough to crew for the past two summers on a friends boat. We have a regatta every Wednesday night here in Solomons. I find it much more exciting than day sailing and there are a lot of people that are closer to my age. I would love to keep my boat but financially I'm not at that point in my life. Maybe one day. Thanks for the reply.

Jun 17, 2012
Bristol 35.5 Escanaba
Bristol forums

I would suggest posting a note on the Bristol Forums on Yahoo. I believe there is also a Bristol Group on Google. Craig's list in your area may also be helpful.

Good luck!