New 356

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony

I just took Deliver on my new hunter 5/17/03 , and I just used the shower for the first time , and , notice that the water leaks into the main cabin on the side of the engine cover. Does anyone have any Ideas on what to do ? Also on the first trip I would put the engine at 2800rpm and it would keep going back to 2000rpm or less if I let it , any Ideas about that also ? Thanks Tony

P

Paul

Same

Ours leaked there, too. I called the dealer, they fixed it, and it stopped leaking -- for about a day. A temporary solution is to turn off the manifold under the sink while not using the shower. It's very annoying. Now that the boat's back in the water, the dealer's getting another call before the warranty expires. The throttle slippage seems to be a common problem in new 356s. The dealer fixed ours, and this time it stayed fixed. It's a matter of tightening something near the engine. There were also some suggestions posted that should be in the archives. But no question the dealer can and should fix it.

P

Paul Akers

Throttle slippage is common...

...on most Yanmars. The throttle on the engine in heavily spring-loaded to return back to the slower setting, so the cable must be adjusted to be tighter to stay in position.

J

Jerry Clark

What instructions for dealer? Mine slips too!

I have the same problem on my new 356. Any suggestions on what to recommend to the dealer? Also, my throttle has a lot of play side to side - is this normal?

P

Paul Akers

Willing to bet...

I am willing to bet that the dealer has dealt with the throttle slippage issue before. They would most likely have a "fix" from Hunter. Just let him know the problem and that you are aware that Hunter has a fix. Side-to-side wobble in the throttle seems to suggest that it needs to be tightened internally within the pedestal.

Status
Not open for further replies.