Needed: Computer help RE: AutoCad files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2003
Macgregor 26D Pollock Pines, Ca.
Know this isn't exactly sailing related (well, sort of) but I'm wondering if any of my fellow posters can help me out with a computer question. This summer, I completely re-wired my Mac 26D. (it REALLY needed it!) Before I started the project, I sat down with the old laptop on the boat and drew out the whole thing in 'AutoSketch v 2.1' . (yea, I know, antique, but it works for me and it'll run on my old LT) Anyhow, there have been a few people over on the MacG portion of the site that would like to take a look at these schematics. Problem is, I can't figure out how to translate the files into something that will post to the site with good resolution and in color. Anybody out there know how to do this sort of stuff? Basically, I have 3 drawings I want to post. The first is just the basic schematic, in color and with part #s and wire guages shown in about '8 point' size type. (when the drawing is printing on 8.5 x 11 sheets) The second is layout drawings, details on the shorepower install, battery hold-downs, bezel for the DC panel, etc. The third is straight text, specs, BSS and WM part #s, notes, ABYC stuff, etc. I've tried scanning the drawings and going with .jpeg , but lost all of the small detail and the files were too big to post here. I'm not sure if it's even possible, but due to my rather significant lack of computer skills, I'm betting this is kid stuff for someone 'in the know'. So, if you would be so kind as to help me figure a good way to post AutoSketch .skd files on this BB, I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks, Jeff P.S. Geez, now I'm really looking computer illiterate! Thought I was over in 'Ask All Sailors' when I put this up! Okay, let's see if I can figure out how to copy it over there without re-writing the whole darn thing!

C

Curt McClain

Looking for a common denominator

> Okay, let's see if I can figure out how to copy > it over there without re-writing the whole darn > thing! That's an easy one - cut and paste it. Highlight everything you want to copy and then Copy using either the Edit dropdown or Control C and then Paste it to the new listing using Edit again or Control V. Regarding the file conversion - I am not familiar with Autosketch so don't have a clue as to what file export formats it might support. If you look under File and then Export, you might find something that could be viewed in other programs. If you or someone you know has the ability to convert to PDF, that is a format that just about anybody can view. Worst case scenario - I'd be happy to pay for a paper copy of your schematics and i imagine others would be too. Curt curtmcATbustingHYPHENlooseDOTnet

Jun 14, 2004
NULL NULL Holly Springs, NC
I have spare server space...

If you want, you can scan them as big as you want, and send the files to me. I can put them on my server and send you the link where they can be downloaded. Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.