Need to know what model it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2009
2 15 NH
I bought an Oday 15' boat last summer and wish to purchase a replacement mainsail as mine is torn. My question is according to the HIN # XDYB4353M78K, i assume it is an Oday 15 model. Is this a correct assumption?

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
Posting a photo would be a good idea. :) Also, if the sail has a logo of any sort on it, describing it or a photo of it would help.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
If..

If it's 15' it is likely a Javelin. The Widgeon's were smaller, about 12 feet, and the Day Sailor was 17 feet. Google O'Day Javelin and you should find a picture of your boat.

Mar 30, 2009
2 15 NH
the sail is an oday sail made by Neil Pryde hong Kong. The sail has a large blue "J" on it with a red arrow going through the "J". Does this help? The boat is self bailing, has jib and mainsheet, on a Dilly trailer, and a storage cock pit with a wood cover in the front. Sorry not a experienced sailor

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
Yes, that's a Javelin logo. :) Given the size and the logo, I'd safely bet that it is an O'Day Javelin. You can learn more about them here. Provided they have not changed the mast or boom, you can get sails for them at a lot of sail lofts. I haven't bought sails for one, so can't recommend a specific loft.

Status
Not open for further replies.