Need Stern Measurement details

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Can anyone take some quick measurements for installing boat name and hailing port on the stern for me? 'd like to place an or today before leave and want to try make the name port large enough but not too big to fit on stern. I want it on the lower part of the stern been the propane locker drains. Pics of what others have done would be welcomed specific to the C310.

Mar 13, 2011
Islander Freeport 41 Longmont
If you boat is USCG documented then there are specific rules for the hailing port which must be followed. If I recall correctly, minimum 4" high, no script lettering . etc. Check the USCG documentation center for the latest rules.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Can anyone take some quick measurements for installing boat name and hailing port on the stern for me? 'd like to place an or today before leave and want to try make the name port large enough but not too big to fit on stern. I want it on the lower part of the stern been the propane locker drains. Pics of what others have done would be welcomed specific to the C310.

Attachments

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
@paulj you have some great details in that picture, I really like that boarding ladder change and what is that corner guard on the dock and where can I get one! Just found it on Amazon, of course:

I have the same setup and I usually don't have issues but this past weekend I rubbed on the corner coming in my slip and that sure looks like a nice hull saver.