Need rigging manual, or know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vangoghz

I have just purchased a Mac 25 and I am not 100% sure how to rigg it. Can anyone help of email a manual?

O

Ol' Dave

You're at the mercy of the previous owner

In the 15 or 20 years since your boat came from the factory a previous owner could have changed something that will make any advice you receive inaccurate. That said here goes. 1. The main is hauled up with a main halyard that goes all the way to the top of the mast. In many old boats this is a block that is permanently mounted to the "side" of the mast. 2. The mainsheet has probably been altered so that a line starts on one side of the cockpit ... goes through a fiddle block (double pulley) on the end of the boom to the other side of the cockpit ... back through the second pulley on the fiddle block on the boom .... to a fiddle block/cam cleat on the original side of the cockpit. 3. The jib is hauled up with a jib halyard which goes over a small block 2/3 of the way up the mast. 4. The jib sheet may or may not have fairleads leading to cam cleats on the port and starboard sides of the boat. NOTES: The downhaul on the main is a set screw under the gooseneck. The outhaul on the main is a small piece of line coming out of the boom, going through the clew and tied off to a cleat on the boom. On a factory boat there is no boom vang, cunningham or traveler, but they may have been added. Hope this helps, I'm sure others have better explanations. Ol' Dave

R

ray gibson

rigging a mac 25

we purchased our mac last year and this is our first year of sailing, so we are not experts. Most of our boat was already together. After raising the mast most all of metal cables and rigging came into place. Would be glad to help you with any lines you may be having trouble with. we live very close to Louisville.

C

Chip Giles

This might help.

Go to the link I have provided and they have Mac25 manuals. They are not very complete, but any help is better than no help. The best idea would be to go to another Mac, or get someone to come to you. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.