Need Prop Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob M.

We have lost a blade from our folding prop and are wishing to replace with a new or used fixed blade standard propeller. Our boat, GOOD AS GOLD, is berthed at the city dock in Naples, Fl. We have the standard Universal engine and need info regarding prop sources and prop specs. Our boat was built 6/87. #4722 As haul out is complicated by lack of water depth, installation will probably require in water installation or tow to a yard. Any help or suggestions are appeciated. Bob M.

B

Bob M.

We have lost a blade from our folding prop and are wishing to replace with a new or used fixed blade standard propeller. Our boat, GOOD AS GOLD, is berthed at the city dock in Naples, Fl. We have the standard Universal engine and need info regarding prop sources and prop specs. Our boat was built 6/87. #4722 As haul out is complicated by lack of water depth, installation will probably require in water installation or tow to a yard. Any help or suggestions are appeciated. Bob M.

B

Bob Moretti

Engine HP and transmission info

I own a C30 tall rig with bowsprit, #4317 (1985). The engine is a Universal M25 with a Hurth transmission (2:1 reduction). You will need exact information such as this to get an accurate answer to your question. In particular, the model of your Universal engine is important. Yours may be the M25XP, which has more horsepower. If, however, your information is identical to mine, the proper 2 blade fixed propeller is a 13 x 12 RH.

B

Bob Moretti

Engine HP and transmission info

I own a C30 tall rig with bowsprit, #4317 (1985). The engine is a Universal M25 with a Hurth transmission (2:1 reduction). You will need exact information such as this to get an accurate answer to your question. In particular, the model of your Universal engine is important. Yours may be the M25XP, which has more horsepower. If, however, your information is identical to mine, the proper 2 blade fixed propeller is a 13 x 12 RH.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try the C30 association website

bet they have plenty of prop info www.catalina30.com

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try the C30 association website

bet they have plenty of prop info www.catalina30.com

Sep 6, 2007
Catalina 320 Gulfport, Fl
3 blade prop

If you are going to replace your folding prop go with a 3 blade to reduce vibration, also expect to see a slight drop in your hull perfomance as there will be extra drag from the prop. As said above check the catalina30.com for the proper size.

Sep 6, 2007
Catalina 320 Gulfport, Fl
3 blade prop

If you are going to replace your folding prop go with a 3 blade to reduce vibration, also expect to see a slight drop in your hull perfomance as there will be extra drag from the prop. As said above check the catalina30.com for the proper size.

E

ed

you need specic stuff for your boat

You need the engine hp and max recomended rpm. You need to know the gear ratio of the transmission, printed on the housing, you need to know the shaft diameter. then call general propellor in bradenton or admiral prop in tampa and they can spec a new prop for you.

E

ed

you need specic stuff for your boat

You need the engine hp and max recomended rpm. You need to know the gear ratio of the transmission, printed on the housing, you need to know the shaft diameter. then call general propellor in bradenton or admiral prop in tampa and they can spec a new prop for you.

B

Bill

Catalina 30 Prop

I have a 1988 Catalina 30 with a Univaersal XP25 and it had a 13X12RH prop. I've since installed a Martec 3 bladed feathtering model that works for me. I have the old one if you want to buy it, it's in very good condition and the boat will sail better with a two blade fixed as opposed to three blade fixed.

B

Bill

Catalina 30 Prop

I have a 1988 Catalina 30 with a Univaersal XP25 and it had a 13X12RH prop. I've since installed a Martec 3 bladed feathtering model that works for me. I have the old one if you want to buy it, it's in very good condition and the boat will sail better with a two blade fixed as opposed to three blade fixed.

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 30mkIII Elk Rapids, MI.
Prop

Hi Bill from San Diago; I might be interested in your 3 blade 13X12. Please e-mail me at westwind6371 at comcast dot net. Is this a original Catalina provided prop or an after market, and please confirm it was manufactured as a 13X12 and not repitched to that pitch. Thanks in advance Dave S.

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 30mkIII Elk Rapids, MI.
Prop

Hi Bill from San Diago; I might be interested in your 3 blade 13X12. Please e-mail me at westwind6371 at comcast dot net. Is this a original Catalina provided prop or an after market, and please confirm it was manufactured as a 13X12 and not repitched to that pitch. Thanks in advance Dave S.

Aug 31, 2007
Catalina 30 Petoskey, Mich.
any more power?

85C30 tall rig I have wondered from time to time (useually at a bad time) if a 3 blade fixed would give me any more power at those critcal times than the standard fixed 2 blade. Has anyone tried both? I also wonder if I could even notice any performance change as we are just crusiers. Thanks Dean www.blowinganddrifting@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.