Need Opening Port Rebedding Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig

Using the water hose to find my leaks I have identified two opening ports portside as leakers. They are forward main salon and the one above the sink for bath. The water migrates to my aft berth and drips on the wall carpet in the locker and mid berth.I have not rebedded a port before so this is new. I took one outtoday and have a couple of questions. I am using 3m marine grade silicone. Do you put the silicon both the port and the opening? And how much? And where exactly on the part of the port that goes thru the opening? The flat surface of the port that goes thru the opening is about 1 and ahalf inches wide. The first half will go all the way thru so it didnt make sense to put any silicone on that part. I did put some on the center and back and also on the opening itself. I used it sparingly but not overwelmingly. Is this right? I also opened up the gap in the opening and squeesed some down in the liner.When you put the screws back in should silicone be ozzing out on all sides? Any suggestions are helpful. It took me about two hours to complete. I will do the next one later but would be interested in hearing alittle advice from been there done that. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.