Need Measurements for 340 Companionway

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris

Have a weekend project but am away from boat.I am putting in bug screen and need measurements for companionway opening [length and width of top, and height of the vertical portion]. Thanks.

J

John

I'll be on mine tonight

I'll be on my 340 tonight and I'll take some measurements for you.

W

Wayne Estabrooks

Companionway Dimensions 340

Chris, Mine is a 1997 340. The distance across the top is 2 ft 3 inches. The distance across the bottom is 1 ft 7-3/4 inches The vertical dimension from top to bottom is 2 ft. 9-1/8 inches. The angled measurement along the side top to bottom is 2 ft. 9-3/8 inches. The track can take up to 1/2 inch board. It is nearly 7/8 inches deep. I wrote these dimensions down as I planned to build a folding removeable screen frame. Hope this helps Wayne, s/v Wind Drift

L

Larry Jackel

Not sure the boats are all the same

Chris, There may be enough variation from one boat to the next that you can't rely on someone else's measurements. I had a bug screen built for my boat and the supplier suggested I give him my boat's measurements even though he already made screens for another 340. Larry

J

John

Measurements

Mine is a 2000 340. The dimensions are: For the Sliding Top: 30" deep x 271/2 " wide For the Entrance: (It tapers) top 25" middle 23" bottom 19" height 34" But the boats can vary, it's still best to get your exact measurments. Hope this helps

D

Dakota Jim Russell

Thinking Out of the Box

So rather than a rigid framed screen, Char sews one which includes a small chain around the outside to hold it against the boat and give it sufficient weight to stay closed, and dowels to support strategically at the top, bottom and maybe elsewhere. When unwanted, it is easily rolled up and stowed. The screen then ties to the ss grab rail by two strings. It works for us. If you need a picture and dimensions, let me know. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.