Need info on Kenyon Pres. Kerosine stove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol 27 Alaska
If anyone can contribute any information on the operation, maintenance or hazards of a Kenyon Marine pressurized kerosene stove, I'd sure appreciated it. If anyone has an owners manual that could be scanned and emailed.... that would be most excellent! Thanks in advance

Tree

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol 27 Alaska
Please?

Since I have had 0 response to this question... I can only assume very few still use this type of stove..... I know many use alcohol.... and more and more people are going with propane (scares me) ... ... so, how would a person find out the particulars on a stove that uses pressurized kerosene?

R

Richard Bryer

Kerosene stoves

I have a kerosene stove in my H34. My wife is no fan of it but I like the saftey of burning and storing kerosene. It is a Kenyon and I have heard that Force 10 diesel parts will fit. I havent tried this The biggest drawback is the whole lighting/ preheating with alcohol process ( this is what causes my wife to get out the fire extinguisher and then I have 2 things to worry about while i am lighting the stove.) Once lit it burns very well. I understand that a propane torch can be used to preheat the burner- it is the alcohol preheating that is tricky. Look in the archives, there is a thread that covers a bunch of this. Look for some of my postings on the topic and you will find some good advice from others. Good luck and practice lighting while you wife is not there ( if that is apt to be a problem!)

Jun 3, 2004
- - USA
Kenyon Kero Stove

Pump the pressure tank to 5psi with kerosene in it. The manual says to fill the burner cup with alcohol and light it to preheat the burner. I hate this method and use a propane torch for 1-2 minutes. After preheat the kerosene turns to gas and burns great. The is some odor at statup and shutdown and expect to get some soot above the stove. Kero burns hotter that alcohol and is safer than propane and alcohol.I've seen these stoves converted to propane with new burners and plumbing

Jun 4, 2004
- - Goderich, ON, Lake Huron
I have a kero Keynon stove/oven

and love it. There is very little smell and it burns very clean. I overhauled the burners this year with great success and now it works great! I got all my parts from Holland Marine in Toronto, ON ( http://www.hollandmarine.com/ ). Download their catologue and look on page 510. There is a detailed set of instructions on maintenance and lighting of your kero Keynon. They also have a total parts selection for rebuilding your burners.

Feb 6, 2004
CAL 25 Salem OH
Kenyon

Have you tried asking Kenyon directly? They sent me a manual for my alcohol stove and were very helpful. Bryon

Status
Not open for further replies.