Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2023
Dufour Dufour 34 Clipper Yacht Harbor
Hi All,

Hope your day is going well.
I've figured out most of my boat.
I have a Dufour 34 from 1975.

Just need some help with these.
What is 1404 ? Looks like it was added and did not come with the boat in 1975.
EDIT: Alright, this is an Anchor holder.

What is 1405 for ? between the ladder and the stern pulpit there is a metal circle you can put something in ?
EDIT: This is the flag holder.

EDIT: Thank you for the answers

Attachments

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Your Dufour 34 is a mast head rig.
IMG_6087.jpeg

that first photo is of the back stay tensioner.
Study how to trim your sails using the adjustable back stay tensioner. The simple approach tightening to sail up wind, ease it when sailing down wind. Not too much or you’ll put the rig under too much tension and strain the boat. Watch the forestay. When you tighten the back stay it pulls the forestay taut. And vise a versa.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Hi All,

Hope your day is going well.
I've figured out most of my boat.
I have a Dufour 34 from 1975.

Just need some help with these.
What is 1404 ? Looks like it was added and did not come with the boat in 1975

What is 1405 for ? between the ladder and the stern pulpit there is a metal circle you can put something in ?

Thank you
1404 backstay tensioner to bend the mast allowing for increase upward pointing
1405 of which I am not completely certain but I would bet it would be a BBQ mount

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
1404 is a cleat for a Danforth style anchor. The wedge slides into it. One caveat, it seems to be placed low on the stanchion. This style of anchor holder has the shaft pointing down, not sure if there is room for the shaft.

In 1405 if you are referring to the metal disk the arrow is pointing towards, it is likely an access point for the emergency tiller. Try unscrewing the plug to see what's below it. If you see the top of the rudder shaft, it is for the emergency tiller.

1719713059843.png

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Can't quite figure out why everyone is responding to this thread. The OP answered their own questions in the first post.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Can't quite figure out why everyone is responding to this thread. The OP answered their own questions in the first post.
The OP edited the post to acknowledge what was there. Those answers weren’t there when it was originally posted.

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
To avoid further confusion this thread is being closed. The OP has had his questions answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.