Need help identifying a sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott

Hello, I have just come into possesion of a sailboat. It was abandoned at a self-storage comapny and I purchased it at an auction. The hull tag has the following information: TEMPEST, No. T-1128, Built 3-14-70, and Plas Trend Corp (Fort Worth, Texas.) Any inforamtion would be greatly appreciated.

M

Mike

O'Day Tempest

O'Day made a "Tempest". The boat was a 23 footer with a fin keel, a huge cockpit and a cuddy cabin with vee berths, a small gally station and a marine head vented directly outboard. The outboard was mounted in a well on the afterdeck. Check out the O'Day Unofficial Website for more particulars, which can be accessed from the links section of this site. I don't know if your boat is an O'Day; I am unaware of O'Day or its successors building any boats in Texas, and all of the Tempests I have seen had the O'Day nameplate on the side of the coachhouse near the cockpit. Good luck. By the way, from all accounts, the O'Day Tempest was an unusually good sailer for such a heavy boat and built like a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.