Need dorade cleaner input

Jul 17, 2012
Hunter 36 AuGres MI
My dorades look like they’ve been attacked by mold. I’ve used bleach, soft scrub and an Arsenal of cleaning products, including non- petroleum paint brush cleaner. (I clean my finders with the paint brush cleaner) Any body know what will clean then?
Jack

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Have you tried a pressure wash? I've had good luck on fenders with pressure washing.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Depends on the material. If it is mold then use diluted vinegar (three parts white vinegar and two parts water). For very bad cases of mold/mildew you can use undiluted vinegar. Add to a spray bottle or use a sponge to cover surfaces. Let it sit for a while to allow the vinegar to kill the mold.

I just cleaned my 6 month old, dip-molded PVC SeaDog cowl vents initially with a fiberglass hull cleaner then removed the remaining debris with acetone.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Replace with silicone ones. They stay pretty in all types of conditions. Ok this one is a little dirty. But it’s been out in the weather since spring of 2018.
62FCE7D7-77CE-4145-A5A8-D17E8F16680B.jpeg

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Fender or shore power cable cleaners are worth a try.

There are paint like coatings that are available. You need to remove the dorade, tape it off and follow the instructions.

Beyond that, it's "buy new ones" time.

P.S. - IN the future, you can wax them to protect the surface from absorbing stains and dirt, Cleaning them with boat soap and a SOFT brush and sponge occasionally is always helpful. My Vetus dorades have "caps" on them made out of sunbrella.

Jul 17, 2012
Hunter 36 AuGres MI
Thx everyone. I have enough suggestions to keep me busy trying and testing.
I like the suggestion, “buy new ones,” tell my wife, PLEASE!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Hardware store: paint brush & roller cleaner. Works on fenders, too.