Need a new coolant overflow/expansion reservoir

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
Mine is cracked and leaking. Temp fix with duct tape. Can't find one on Catalina Direct. Any help on sourcing a new plastic overflow/expansion tank?

Thanks,
Jim

Jan 15, 2012
Ericson 28/2 Port Kent
The engine manufacturer should have what you need. You can also buy an aftermarket one and modify the mount to work on your boat.

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks. I will go look at the auto parts stores and see what I can find.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
OK a little off topic but I was replacing the engine to water heater hoses and forgot which was which.
SO... Does the spigot/fitting on the water pump suck or blow?
I am inclined to think it sucks and the hot coolant flows from the spigot just below the thermostat (hottest coolant) through the w/h and into the water pump (coolest coolant)
Anyone know for certain?

Mar 22, 2009
I found one at an auto parts store...slightly bigger but not by much...should fit but haven't installed it yet. $9.95.

Cheers,
Jim

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
What if we extended Peggy's Uniseal recommendation from the Sanitation Hose thread? Bore out the hole in old tank and use a small Uniseal. Nothing to lose trying. There is very little head pressure in the tank (4") and it is vented.

"... (this would be a good time to replace the vent line with a larger one...it's easy to do using a Uniseal UNISEAL Uniseal Instructions )...

I just cleaned mine and replaced AF. The hose connection shows signs of stress...only a matter of time before the vibration wins.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
"replaced AF"

I thought AF was an island in the Pacific Ocean........

paulj

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
"replaced AF" I thought AF was an island in the Pacific Ocean........ paulj
Ok, I abbreviated more than anti-freeze. Heat exchanger popped a hole during last motor to pull boat last fall. Discovered by the steam cloud. She got pretty hot, but runs great now, so lucky. Infamous bracket cracked and wore a hole. Had the exchanger patched up, flush, hoses, and yes, AF. First sail Saturday, we hope...