Names of Columbia sailboats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2006
- - Waldoboro, Maine
Does anyone know of a place where Columbia sailboat owners list their vessels by name? I am wondering how many Columbias have the name "Chablis" on their sterns.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
this one is not listed.

Dusty, Chablis is not listed in the Columbia registry. It is also not an 8.3. It is an 8.7. I don't know this particular boat, but I've looked at the Ebay auction too.I own an 8.7. I notice that there is an awful lot of discoloration on the first 6 inches or so of the bulkheads, so I assume that there was alot of standing water in the cabin. The stringers and floors in the 8.7 are pine or some other wood, encapsulated in fiberglass. I'd be very conservative if bidding on this boat.

Aug 21, 2006
- - Waldoboro, Maine
My reason for asking about the name Chablis is that it's not only the name of the vessel currently listed on EBay but it's also the name of the boat shown on the 8.7 factory literature put out by Columbia and kindly sent me by Paul Jirtle several years ago. The lettering is not the same, but I'm still wondering if they're one and the same boat.

Aug 26, 2006
- - ala wai
columbia names

there are quite a few columbia boats listed at the link below. click on the owner registry at the top let. http://www.columbia-yachts.com/

D

dave2001117

8.3/8.7

Hi, I actually bought the boat "chablis" advertized as a 8.3 I have not seen this boat as of yet being that I am working in Louisiana at the moment. I saw the pic and also thought it was a 8.7 and also the engine is listed as a yamaha which I believe they meant (hope) yanmar.I can only hope that future suprises will be positive. I would like some input on stepping the mast etc from any 8.7 owners thanks. adave2001117@aol.com also does this model come with pressure water? roller furling from factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.