Moving on up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Weezie (my Wife Louise) and I are moving on up to an S2 9.2A! It is all done except for the crying as I hand the keys to my L25 Solara, over to her new owner, Matt and sign off on our new bank loan. Then the fun really starts as I have only a few weeks to prep "Triple Play" for the water for a sail up Long Island Sound to and through the Cape Cod Canal to her new home in Winthrop. Just a wee bit stressful, to be frank, but I am really looking forward to what will be my first coastal adventure. We just flew back from a week in Italy (Sorrento, Ischia and Rome) last night, so I am all rested up for it (I think). Anyway, I still plan on visiting this site often to dispense what wisdom I might perhaps posses, which, as always, is questionable but worth the price of admission (free). Bob

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Congratulations, Bob!

A nice 30' boat if there ever was one. So I guess we won't be seeing much of you here anymore. Thanks for all your help and advise. If you have any documentation in soft format, I'd appreciate getting it from you. This way I can start building an archive on the site with what data I have already collected. Congrats again.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I'll be around

Never fear. Since one of the active S2 sites is also on sailboatowners I will certainly check in here often. This can be a fairly active site and I enjoy interacting with other sailors. I made a long day of it on Sunday...painted the bottom, oiled the interior teak, fixed a small delaminated area of the cabin sole and in general looked at some other things I need to fix. Needless to say there is a price to be paid for the added complexity of a permanent head and pressure water from a maintenance perspective. My L25 had a water system, but the tank was filthy and I never bothered to put it back in service. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.