Motor mount ?

Oct 21, 2012
Macgregor 22 Lake Texoma Tx
I have a new to me motor mount that said up to15hp it's a older mount so it's probably 15hp 2stroke I have a 9.9 4stroke will it work ?

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
15 horses for a 22 foot boat is a lot. My Mac 25 had a four stroke 9.9bf 100 Honda had weighed 86 pounds.it had a Garelick motor mount. that motor mount had a single spring. The one I got for the C27 has a double spring for a Tohatsu 18.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
The two stroke 15HP engines weighed around 80lbs and the 4 stroke 10HP engines around 95lbs. I presume the mount you are talking about is used and perhaps not up original specs. The mount rating includes the ability to handle the weight a few times as the movements imparted by the boat in rough seas will accelerate and stop the weight in various directions. The extra 15 lbs of the 4 strokes could be easily handled at rest or in calm waters but might be too much as it will multiply in rough seas. I would get a new mount rated for the engine's weight. I can appreciate a sturdy well made engine mount as have been in situations were in rough seas the powerhead was getting momentarily dunked under water and thought the mount was getting ripped from the transom yet to much relief it held. I would not want the uncertainty of a lesser mount.