Motor mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I wouldn't put a 100 pound motor on it.... so .... I'd say NO.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I concur with Joe as it does not seem that motor mount would be rated for a 100 lbs motor. A motor mount has to be able to handle forces that may exceed the actual weight of the engine and be able to hold the engine in position. Your bracket lacks any dampening mechanism and the position bracket and wing nut does not seem would hold that engine in position. The rope likely used to raise and lower the motor provides little support. A 9.9HP 4 stroke generation engine is a rather large investment so I would protect it by installing an adequate motor mount rated for it.

Oct 21, 2012
Macgregor 22 Lake Texoma Tx
I found one that is rated for 15 hp I don't know if that's 15 hp 4 stroke or 15 hp 2 stroke thank I can get it for about 80$ going to look it over soon

Jul 28, 2010
Boston Whaler Montauk New Orleans
HP is HP whether from a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I'd have thought they would rate it by weight, as 4 strokes are a bit heavy than the 2 strokes.

What's behind the mount - what kind/size backing plate? If that's good, and your wooden mounting board is strong, and the mount itself is sturdy metal, I'd think you'd be o.k. You'd want to have a better lift mechanism, and make sure it locks down so the motor doesn't buck up, especially in reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.