Motor Bracket Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Murphy

I want to replace the motor bracket on my 25. Is there plywood backing the hull? When I bolt through how will I get in there to put the nuts on the bolts? What do I have to remove to do this job.

J

Jay Litsey

Get a saw...

As you face the stern on the right past where the sink goes, I sliced down through a fiberglass "wall". I pushed it down like a flap and slid on my belly back to where the mount attaches. Bring your tools and while you are there check the hose that goes from your cockpit to the drain hole. The clip on mine had fallen off and the cockpit was draining into the bottom of the boat. There didn't seem to be a big piece of wood but I do remember really thick fiberglass. I might have even had to drill some new holes. Have a buddy outside while you are doing this. 10 years ago but still vivid....Good luck!

W

Wayne

I agree with Jay

Jay's idea works well. When I bought my 1985 MacGregor 25 it already had the 'wall' removed and a piece of panelling screwed in place. Whenever I have to get in 'there' all I have to do is remove the panelling and the floatation blocks and crawl in. My opening is on the starboard side.

J

Joe Murphy

Thank You!

Thanks for your input, I am sure I will have fun doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.