MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION EVER ASKED!

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
Another Aeropress fan - obviously coffee strength is a very subjective thing, but we make two cups at a time, using the inverted method and it suits our taste. Clean up couldn't be easier.

Fred

Sep 27, 2008
Catalina 28 mkii 745 Ottawa, Ontario, CA
One tap over the garbage bag and the basket is empty. Often don't even bother with further rinsing b/f next pot.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Wait! It just occurred to me. This cannot be a more important question than, "Where is the cold beer!"
;)

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
On shore power or genny, Keurig.
French Press for 'analog'... I like things that are manual and have few moving parts.
I've seen the Aeropress before but it has never really been on my radar. Seems like many people here like it so I'd like to give the old college try, but I'd want a test run before buying one.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
On shore power or genny, Keurig.
French Press for 'analog'... I like things that are manual and have few moving parts.
I've seen the Aeropress before but it has never really been on my radar. Seems like many people here like it so I'd like to give the old college try, but I'd want a test run before buying one.
Jeepers, it's only $30 on Amazon. If you like a French press, you should just get one. I'm telling you, on a boat, the 1 paper towel cleanup after ejecting the grounds is worth the $30. I think it gives you all the flavor of a French press, without the grit.

Sep 8, 2014
Jeepers, it's only $30 on Amazon. If you like a French press, you should just get one. I'm telling you, on a boat, the 1 paper towel cleanup after ejecting the grounds is worth the $30. I think it gives you all the flavor of a French press, without the grit.
Yes its inexpensive, I'd just hate to use it once or twice and then not like it. I just noticed it has several parts to it which look like they'd love to roll around.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Yes its inexpensive, I'd just hate to use it once or twice and then not like it. I just noticed it has several parts to it which look like they'd love to roll around.
The one I bought came with a zippered nylon pouch. I kept the parts in the pouch, and put the filters in a small ziplock bag in the pouch for use on the boat. In my kitchen, all the parts lay on the counter :cool: Of course, when I was looking on Amazon, I ran across this stainless steel rack for parts: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Horse-Products-KI-200-AeroPress/dp/B01EKWLF7K Yeah, I should probably buy that... Or maybe this bamboo rack, but it looks like it has a bigger footprint, and my counters are kinda small: https://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Caddy-AeroPress-Coffee-Maker/dp/B01G9O4FAQ

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Cindy drinks tea while I drink coffee. One morning while making her tea I thought the tea bag was pretty slick so I bought some empty bags and filled them with my coffee. Now I just heat water and were both good to go and the clean up is super easy, just toss the bag. The sour looks on our faces is a sure sign we screwed up and picked up the wrong mugs as they both look the same and have the thread from the tea bags hanging out. Work great back packing as well.
I am not a coffee cunny sewer by any means but the taste to me is equal to what I perk at home. I just look in the mirror :yikes: when I get up to see if it is going to be a one bagger or two!

Sam

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
at risk of totally alienating you coffee aficionados and gourmets: we mindlessly use Outdoor Magazine's Gear of the Year awardee-- Starbucks Via instant coffee packages, 1 packet in a 12 oz mug of boiling h 2 0 from the old tea kettle on the gas stove. (costco sells 24 packets of Via for about 13 $.) ... we also travel with a 12v water boiler in the car and make us some Vias on the road instead of paying $2.75 a cup .

Sep 8, 2014
at risk of totally alienating you coffee aficionados and gourmets: we mindlessly use Outdoor Magazine's Gear of the Year awardee-- Starbucks Via instant coffee packages, 1 packet in a 12 oz mug of boiling h 2 0 from the old tea kettle on the gas stove. (costco sells 24 packets of Via for about 13 $.) ... we also travel with a 12v water boiler in the car and make us some Vias on the road instead of paying $2.75 a cup .
Doesn't offend me one bit... I was using those a lot when I was Road Racing (motorcycles)... Handy in the RV. Now that I have a Keurig at home and in the office I had stopped buying the Via packs.