Morgan 38 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2012
Morgan 383 Puerto Escondido
My first time in ANY type of forum. I own a 1978 Morgan 383. The cabin sole has settled about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Anybody experience this? AND what if anything did you do about it? Thanks

Jun 25, 2012
hunter 356 Kemah,the Republic of Texas
My first time in ANY type of forum. I own a 1978 Morgan 383. The cabin sole has settled about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Anybody experience this? AND what if anything did you do about it? Thanks
Sounds like you have rotten support structure, for your cabin sole. Warning just had a boat neighbor fall through his... got cut up pretty bad, and nearly sank the boat as he came down on some crucial through hull fittings. A few months ago I discovered a similar problem. It is a hunter design and construction defect. A ten year old boat should not be having this problem. I have made it safe for now. l just need to do some final wrapping up. Its mostly cosmetic issues for now and contained to the bottom of the main companion way subfloor and bilge areas under the removable teak and holly floor panels.

Last edited:

TFrere

Oct 1, 2008
Morgan 382 Mandeville, LA
I have a Morgan 382 but have not experienced this issue. You should go to morgan38.org to ask your question. There is a lot of experience with these boats on that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.