More questions on my "New" 1984 Mac 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KMFC

Port Shroud Plate pulled loose. Has anyone had any experience with this problem? It appears that the rivets have pulled back through the fiberglass and from what I can tell you can not get to the back of them. Can a person replace this plate with a larger one? Or would it even make a difference. From what I can tell it looks like this plate is only for a closeout is this correct? Also I stepped my mast this weekend and was surprised to find that there is not a closeout on the top of the mast. Needless to say there was several years of dead birds and nests inside the mast. Is there supposed to be a closeout on top of the mast? As always, any help / suggestions is appreciated

D

Doug Rodrigues

Use bolts and nuts...

Use bolts and nuts with flat washers in place of rivits for everything, as it becomes necessary. Your plate is attached with those large stainless steel screws that you see on the outside of the hull. And yes, the birds do like to nest inside the mast when the boat is on the trailer. After cleaning out all the grass inside mine, I now stuff foam rubber into the ends to seal it from the birds as part of my trailering procedure..

B

Bob

Things to check.

I am also looking at a MacGregor 25 and would like to see this list of things to check. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.