More 26S vs 25: Height above the waterline?

Sep 18, 2022
Macgregor 25 Cincinnati
I'm about a month away from pulling the trigger on a Mac, unless some other epic deal presents itself.
Is the 26s Higher on the water than the 25?

I've been chugging all the info I can, and found two interesting photos (attached). Is the Mac25 cockpit physically lower to the waterline than the 26S? Or is the inside deck lower? That's a huge difference in interior space back there!
Screenshot_20220923-074624_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220923-074159_Instagram.jpg

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
Well, sfbay beat me to it!

These photos illustrate how much roomier and accessible the queen berth is in the 26S, D, or C than the 25. We definitely love this feature!

I don't know the answer to your question, but would suggest you print out the profiles provided at the following links:

...create scales based on the lengths of the boats, and determine other dimensions from that.

Sep 18, 2022
Macgregor 25 Cincinnati
Look at the P dimensions t
What does the P dimension measure? Mast heigh from waterline?
Just looking at the side by sides, without even scaling, the 25 appears to have a lower cockpit floor... Which I'm honestly a fan of, from a seaworthyness perspective.

Then again, the higher displacement of the 26s will have it bobbing around less, also good for bad days. Deciding is hard. lol

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
You might want to research comfort ratios and S# at the above links. These attempt to predict stability and performance, respectively.

The general consensus is that the 25 is a little sportier, while the 26S, D, and C is a bit roomier. I like the galley arrangement in the S, which features a swing-out table that stays out of the way when not in use. This provides more sitting and sleeping space.

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Monterey
Is the freeboard taller in the 26s than the 25?
The specs don’t show this in either case.

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Monterey
I’ll do that when we visit our boat. Only problem is I have never seen a 26s in the whole of California. I just though someone might know. Thank you, though.