Missing rail from Side of Cabin on 1981 H22

Jul 27, 2019
Hunter 22 Lake Charles, LA
I recently took on this project boat and am slowly making progress on renovations.

While cleaning up the deck for painting, I noticed that there was a railing or something mounted to the sides of the cabin at some point. I have a picture attached showing where the rail was clearly mounted. When I do a google image search, I can see where the part is mounted, but I am not able to zoom enough to identify the part and cannot find it anywhere online.

If anyone has a similar boat, can you please post a closeup of this item as well as details?

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
On teak handrails, to access the stainless steel screws, you will note teak plugs on top. Dig them out and you will gain access to the either the bolt or screw heads.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
The teak "eyebrow" trim piece right above the ports.. You can see the shadow of where it used to be.. It is a piece of teak originally that was about a half inch wide and maybe three-eights thick with an oval cross section, and kinda pointed on the ends.. the screw holes were plugged. This would have to be a DIY part.. Many folks remove the eyebrow and patch the screw holes.. some folks make new ones.. Picture is of the one on my 34, right above the fixed port..
IMG_0615.JPG