Miles per gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve

I am about to purchase a beneteau 36cc with a Yanmar 27. About what amount of running time can I expect, per gallon, a various RPMs? Any other little pieces of info both pro or con would be appreciated. THANKS

Mar 3, 2004
Beneteau 361 Marblehead
<2 hours / gal

I have a 361 with a Volvo engine. At cruising RPM's (1700 and 6 knots) that is what she does. That will make it a little less than 12 nautical miles per gallon. I am curious what the American version of the 361 does.

Jun 3, 2004
- - Seward, AK
Yanmar 27

We have a B361, hull # 3 from France, with the Yanmar27. Put an Autoprop on last year and we average ~1/2 gal/hr with 7.25 kts @ 2000 rpm

Jan 18, 2004
Beneteau 321 Houston
Gallons per hour!

Steve, Miles per gallon would be impossible to predict. Hull condition, currents, winds, etc will all come into play. I can tell you that we have the same engine in our B321 (and no fuel gauge). At an average of 2300 to 2400RPM we "sail plan" for roughly .5 gal/ hr., and actual consumption seems to be somewhat less. While the 36CC is much heavier, I would guess that you could use .55 gal/hr. and be pretty close. Jon McClain

D

Dan Knox

Half Gallon per Hour

I would use half a gallon per hour as an estimate but it is not a good thing to run out of fuel. Be on the safe side until you get some specific data of your boat. --Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.