Mid Winter Cruise Approaching

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Now we just need to get @LeslieTroyer to join us with some of that award winning Pastrami and we will be in rendezvous narvana...

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
John's got such a big anchor and a new windlass that I'm gonna follow him around to where he anchors and just raft up.
All summer.
I hear he has lotsa "beer rendezvous", too.
He can be the designated driver...:)

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
John's got such a big anchor and a new windlass that I'm gonna follow him around to where he anchors and just raft up.
All summer.
I hear he has lotsa "beer rendezvous", too.
He can be the designated driver...:)
Now that's a Plan!!!!!

Oct 22, 2014
Will. It is the illusion of free beer.
:beer:
I’ve been reading about a guy, Huck Finn. I’ve been thinking about a painting project.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Spray=better finish
Ditto that. Changed to using "rattle can" lacquer on all my furniture finishing projects several years ago. Mucho better finish.

On a separate note; two DVD titles for you to watch; Sicario and the sequel, Sicario, Day of Saldado. Very good flicks.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
I am guessing here but those are boat flicks for while you are sailing, and the Admiral does not like you watching them while the grand kids are in the house...

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Admiral does not like
Too much violence for the Admiral. She likes chick flicks, or heart tuggers. Too weepy for me. Boat has a blend of both for when she decides to sail along. That way everybody is much happier.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Hi John, just got back this evening. Spent a very nice week on the water. Some sail time, but also motoring. After a couple of days in Friday Harbor visiting with Tom Burgess, headed for Blind Bay. Next day off to Eagle Harbor under sail. Very light wind until the east end of Harney Channel where the NE wind piped up. Crossing the mouth of east sound was hair raising with winds in the mid twenties. Very gusty; reading the water surface would show the approach so would pinch to ease the arriving pressure, then the wind would drop to 12 to 14, then back up to twenty five until it passed. that way over to Pevine Pass. Sheesh. Wear you out fighting that. All in all a very nice winter outing.

Some light snow today on my way over to visit John Lund. Sad to say, I stopped by his boat only to see the new owner so happy over his recent purchase. Many fond memories cruising with John. The new owner will move the boat over to Squim, its new home. I wished him well on his very nice Freedom 32. John seems to be doing well, unaware of what I had just learned. Will leave it to his daughter to break the news. He remains in high hopes of sailing his beloved and very nicely equipped Friehet II to distant waters. I suppose my day is coming, too. Not quite ready, however.
So sad to hear of John’s boat being sold. Especially without his knowledge...