"Maxine" the Mac36 Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jm Hall

I have been restoring a hurricane damaged, neglected Mac36 cat for the last year and a half. The hulls are done (repaired blisters, PPG paint etc.) and I am about to address the rig. Does anyone have specs. on the standing/running rigging for this 1981 cat? I have been unsuccessful so far in trying to get dimensions, lengths, or suggested fittings for this boat. I'm also interested in a roller furling headsail. Any experience-based suggestions? Thanks, Jim Hall Cudjoe Key Florida

A

adam

maxine the 36' cat

we are going to look at a 1979 36' mac/cat next week, even if we don't buy it, we will pump the guy for info on the rigging for you. however, info is pretty scarce on these boats, i have never seen one,if you have any thing that could help us, it would be appreciated

J

Jim Hall

mac/cat

Adam, Did you look @ the cat? Was the owner receptive to questions? I still have no info on the rigging but I'm sure it is a matter of time or finding a competent rigger locally to do the work. The folks @ MacGregor have washed their hands of this boat and offer no assistance. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.