Master Panel Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2007
- - Canyon Lake
I'm a new Catalina owner (1998 MKII 28) and I can't figure out what these are used for? Does anyone recognize these lights and toggle switch? see attached picture.. The "service on" labeled A, I would assume should go on when I cable up to the dock power and switch on the 30amp breakers, but it never goes on? The "AC ON" labeled B. I would assume is the same as B, but maybe only comes on when you are drawing power, I've never seen this on. The chrome toggle switch labeled C, doesn't seem to do anything, it has 3 position left/center/right. Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
One at a time

A is DC side only. Those lights are notorious for burning out. You can get a replacement from Seaward, or try Radio Shack. It has nothing to do with dock power, only DC from your batteries. B is AC on, and I bet the red below is the reverse polarity light. Could be the lamp is burned out. C - no idea. What you should do is open up the electrical panel, and trace the wiring in the back, figure out what it is and how it works. Make a diagram or use the C28 Association website and download a manual with the wiring diagram. PS -the duplicate post on your question gave me a hint on C - it may be the battery voltage test switch, left for one bank, right for the other, center off. If you have a voltmeter on your panel, try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.