Mast wiring location access?

May 16, 2021
Hunter 34 Melbourne, FL
I have a 34' Hunter Legend and the insulation on the wiring for the anchor and running tri light has deteriorated and is now shorting out. I would like to try to get some slack so that the wire that was in the mast which may not be corroded out to connect to the new tri light. I do not see where the wiring exits the mast. There are deck lights and antenna and tri lights wiring in the mast, but under the settee seating the is only what looks to be the antenna and red, green and black wire that appears to go into the box. Do the wires exit near the ceiling and travel through a false ceiling towards the electrical panel? Any help would be appreciated.
Also is anyone aware of a solar recharged battery operated Tri light or Anchor light so that no wiring would be required?

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Hello Andiamo 34. What year is your Hunter 34. Mine is a 1984 and I've had her for 22 years. Been a member here for ages and have never heard of a 34 model named Legend. I believe the 35.5 and 37.5 are also named Legend. As for the ''regular'' 34, the wiring is all connected into the base of the mast and unless you have a window there, the mast needs to be lifted to reach the connectors. Except for the ones you have already seen at the foot of the mast under the settee seating, the rest of the wiring goes from mast support to the the electrical panel taking a sharp 90 degrees turn to port into that channel above were the mast support sits. From there it goes in between the deck and the false ceiling to reach the electrical panel. If you removed the small halogen lamp on that channel just above the bulkhead you might see the wires. Same if you remove the 110V electrical outlet on the port side below the fixed windows. Because there is very little extra length in the wires and because the wiring chase going from inside to outside in the middle of the mast support is generally filled with caulking, chances are you're not going to be able to get some slack unless the mast is removed so you can do major work. I did it when I removed the the mast support to repair the supp.ort itself. Don't know about solar battery powered tricolor anchor/nav light, but regular solar battery anchor lights do exists. Good luck.

May 16, 2021
Hunter 34 Melbourne, FL
Thank you Claude for the response. It is a 1985 Hunter 34.5 and what I was told was Legend, but that’s all I know. I will see if I can get any access to the wires through those openings you suggested but don;t hold out much hope. So I guess I only have two solutions, one pull the mast and run new wiring or put up a battery operated solar recharge anchor light till I pull the mast. Unless anyon else has a suggestion.