Mast light replacement plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2006
- - Flowery Branch, GA.
Doing some electric work on my Cat22 and was wondering if there is an easy way to replace the plug for the mast lights.

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 250 Wing Keel Eugene, OR
Catalina Direct

CD has them. catalinadirect.com Exact replacement for you factory one.

Apr 23, 2006
- - Flowery Branch, GA.
Nice Plug

That is a nice looking plug. was it hard to install and do you know if it gets in the way for single hand rigging.

B

Bugsboat

Me Too!

I am also updating the electrical plug for the mast light and I looked at the electrical section at Catalina Direct. I want to replace with a factory connector. The connector I looked at was $10.50. Looked like a good deal to me. I have a 1990 Catalina 22, swing keel; I am doing a complete refit due poor care by a previous owner. I have the keel off the boat and will have to replace the bow and stern rails. I did not know that Catalina used a thinner stainless steel than other boat builders and they are very hard to repair. I have new bulkheads cut and ready to stain and varnish. The front hatch leaks and I will remove and reseal as soon as the weather permits. I have basically taken the boat apart and will hopefully have her back together this spring.

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
5 pin

I too use the 5 pin that Skip suggest (good to see you post again Skip) Not only is it an easy install but in the three years its been on the boat not once has it caused any problems.

Jan 25, 2007
- - Great sacandaga
mast wiring connector

Hello, I have replaced my mast electrical connector as well. I used the five pin connector. I needed to pull the wire and connector out of the deck a bit to get at the screws on the connector itself. I started at the panel box, and pulled the wire leading to the connector, for some slack. The connector itself was embedded in alot of sealant, but after awhile it came out. Be careful when you are screwing the wires back onto the connector. I stripped out one screw and had to replace the new connector with another new one. But in all, it's not to bad to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.