mast halyard sheves

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ron

i need to replace the sheves at the bottom of the mast they are 1 9/16" with a 3/8" bushing. there are a total of 5,two are on the port side,three are on the starboard side.if you know where i might find these plese contact me at divconllc@aol.com

G

George

Catalina Direct

I would get ahold of Catalina Direct on the net. www.catalinadirect.com When I needed to replace the exit blocks at the base of the mast on our Capri 22 they had them in stock. The replacements were slightly larger than the originals such that I needed to file the openings a little wider for them to fit, but basically it was a simple job to do. The reason for their not fitting exactly was that on our boat the exit block does not disassemble (riveted together)so that the sheaves can not be replaced in the original blocks. The rivets stuck out just a little too much to fit in. The cost though was such that it was easier and cheaper to simply replace the entire block rather than fooling with trying to get the rivets out, etc. The new blocks are much higher quality with aluminum sheaves rather than plastic. One trick I did learn on doing the job was to use penetrating (sp?) oil to loosen the screws. The side where I didn't use it was an absolute bear with mangled screws, vise grips, etc. The other side was penetrating oil on the screws, a cold beer to pass the time, and then simply unscrewing them with a screw driver without any damage to the screws. Good luck on the job. George

Status
Not open for further replies.