Mast for 1972 Balboa 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Nicol

I recently snapped my mast and need to purchase new mast for 1972 Balboa 26'. Does anyone have information where I could find replacement mast?

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Sure you want a new one?

Hi John, Where are you located? Rigrite has new, but I don't know if you want to spend that kind of money on your boat. ebay is another source you should consider as I have seen mast up there pretty cheap. You could also potentially have your mast repaired some how, depending on the damage. Good luck, Bob

Apr 11, 2006
- - corpus christi, tx
Dwyer Mast

www.dwyermast.com, North Branford, CT 203-484-0419. They might be able to help you with your repair or replacement options.

J

John N

Mast replacement

Bob M.: Thanks for your reply. I'm in the Chicago, Illinois area. I showed my mast to a local rigger and he thinks its not repairable. I went on the Rig-Rite web sight but didn't see a match. Do you know which one of their mast is a match. Regards, John N.

C

Chuck M.

Check the diffrent Chicago Yacht Clubs

John,
I had the same thing happen to me on lake Michigan about 15 years ago. I found by asking, a mast that was being stored by the Chicago yacht club for a member who left it and was not heard from again. My cost was $50.00 donaation to the club and a $75.00 charge to have it shortened to fit on my boat. Boat yards can also be a source of used equipment. Masts do not last long in scrap yards because of high recycle value.
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.