mast/boom/rigging switch/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Jones

How difficult would it be to exchange the mast/boom/rigging from an Oday 22 to a Catalina 22? Thanks.

M

Mike

Standing Rigging

You might have to get new standing rigging since the deck dimensions are going to be different. I am not familiar with the O'days and I don't know how many shrouds you have for the O'day, but the C22 has the fore and back stays, the upper shrouds, and the forward and aft lower shrouds. Also, the C22 is a mast head sloop. Is the O'day also a mast head sloop, or a fractional rig. Ther boom on a C22 is quite high above the cockpit, and the luff slot is above where the gooseneck connects. Even if the O'day is a little different it should be ok. My opinion is that it could be doable as long as the sailplan does not get changed.

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 22 Cape Cod
Definitely not 'plug 'n play'

Like Mike says . . . You will probably have to re-swage or replace the shrouds, and you may need to get some additional hardware to deal with the lower shrouds. The key value would be the mast, and you should check the dimensions of that too. Regards, Ted

Ken

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 22 P. P. Y. C.
mast

there is a Mast off a catalina 22 for sale in the gear for sale classified section if your in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.