Marine radio repair

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 34 Forked River, NJ
I have an Icom handheld, and it will receive but wont send, anyone know of a repair service?

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Now a days you'd probably spend more in repair costs than the purchase of NEW floating handheld...

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
ICOM has authorized repair centers in the U.S. The charge just to look/diagnose the problem will likely exceed its value but you can ask them

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Agree with everyone above. If it is out of warranty then just replace it. With the surface mounted technology, these things are disposable and not worth repairing.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Agree with everyone above. If it is out of warranty then just replace it. With the surface mounted technology, these things are disposable and not worth repairing.
That IS the sad state of affairs today.... everything is disposable...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I've been totally disappointed with the longevity of handheld VHFs. The best one I ever had was/is a West Marine brand. I think the rest of them think their end users will forgive them for the poor longevity to get new features. And I guess we do.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 34 Forked River, NJ
Thanks for the good advice ,My radio is probably 20 years old, so I will just replace it, the cost to check it would be more than many new units!